Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Introduction



I'm using this blog to keep track of my training progress - feel free to write below any of the posts if you have any questions or other comments.

ATM my goal is just improving general fitness in the areas of strength, speed and aerobic conditioning for football (Australian Rules) next season - basically just doing an extended pre-season.

My goals by the end of this year are (all 1RM):

Weight/Body Composition: 82-84kg @ <10% bodyfat (visible abs)

Back Squat - 120kg
Deadlift - 200kg
BB Rows - 115kg
Bench Press - 105kg
Military Press - 65kg

40m sprint: <5.1s
Beep Test: Level 13+
Vertical Jump: 75cm (29.5")

I'm considering testing for the AIS NTID for the above 3 measures so the results are most accurate.

ATM I'm into the 2nd last week of Kelly Baggett's Vertical Jump Bible's Novice Plyometrics and Weights Program - so I'll be finishing that off, then taking a half a week off before doing some weight room and athletic testing and then giving Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 strength program a go for the next 12 weeks (combined with my own plyometrics/sprint and aerobic conditioning workouts).

For other information about me related to training and diet check out:


What I Eat
What I Wear
What I Use
How I Warm Up

...or feel free to post a comment anywhere on this blog or contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment